Friday 29 June 2012

On your mark.......

'Ayomat get set go'! My sister likes to play run with her friends. They were in kindergarten then. Young age learning the english language. They sprinted from one end to the other. She would pretend  she's a sprinter running in a race. Her friends  and her would form a straight line. Each bending placing their hands on the line they drew before a race.  Imitating those sprinters in the actual races. My sister was the leader in the pack. She would make sure that she gave the cue to run. Confidently she'd shout 'Ayomat get set go'! Off they went racing to the finish line. Most of the races I would win, much to my sister's annoyance. Since I am taller with longer legs and eight years her senior, I was sort of a bully. Yes, I would join in at the very last minute when they had started.  Now when we reminiscence those racing years we laugh at the phrase 'Ayomat get set go'! When it should have been 'on your mark get set go'. Until today when we, us siblings and nieces want to race or finish a challenge, we'll shout 'Ayomat get set go'! And we'll laugh and laugh and laugh till our stomach aches...

No comments:

Post a Comment