Friday 29 June 2012

Precious moments

'My parents dote my children to the extent of spoiling them', sighs a mother to her friend. Almost every parent have that worry that their parents give to much attention to the grandchildren. I have a question to forward. Why do you think grandparents react in those manners towards their grandchildren? We, like other beings in this world grow old. We age, more so are our aging parents, soon will leave this world. Leaving those who are very dear to them. Leaving those they love with every bit of their soul. Every moment is precious. Every moment is spent to the fullest. Every moment must be filled with joy. The fulfilling joy comes from being with their offspring and grandchildren. Not a moment wasted. The day will come, the grandmother or grandfather returns to The Almighty. The day when they will no longer be able to see they grandchildren whose eyes potrays so much love for the grandparents. All grandchildren loves their grandparents unconditionally. The grandchildren are affectionate towards their grandparents, much to the joy of our parents....I realised this sometime ago but the understanding is most only recently. My mother had to have a mitral valve replacement surgery. The times before the surgery was with so much anxiety, then came the moments immediately after the surgery. More anxiety. All her grandchildren were with her throughout those crucial moments. I prayed hard for God to give us more time to be together. Mother is now recuperating very well. She looks forward to spoil her grandchildren with her good cooking!

1 comment:

  1. I never met my maternal grandparents. My paternal grandparents, well, I did not feel any love forthcoming from my paternal grandmother. I do remember, however, that my paternal grandfather would sometimes bring me along with him to the wet market where he had some business to transact there. But I never really felt any love from them, especially from my paternal grandmother. So, I really cannot connect here.

    ReplyDelete